Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Lipspiration


I have recently been watching a TON of Made in Chelsea. It is a lovely British soap opera based around a group of affluent London friends set up in social situations to create drama. Yay! The main chick it's based around is a girl named Caggie Dunlop. She has the loveliest poutiest pink lips and I want them.

As it happened I had six empties ready to Back to MAC and saw this as the perfect opportunity to satisfy my craving for pink juicy spring lips. The first color I swatched was Lovelorn, and lo and behold it wound up being the best of the bunch.



With the exception of one, all of the MAC lipsticks I've had seem to be these really dramatic bright or dark colors. The only one that was a bit more wearable was Creme Cup and I wound up finishing that in about three months. 

The lustre finish of this is perfect because it deposits just enough color, but still allows your lips natural hue to show through. This time of year I much prefer a lip that looks a bit more low key and natural. I have a feeling that this is going to be something I reach for a great deal over the next few weeks, and while it may not magically turn my lips to those of Ms. Dunlop's it is still something I'll enjoy using tremendously.

xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.