Pages

Friday, April 06, 2012

Falsies...

No, not those kind of falsies! I'm talking false eyelashes. About a year ago at IMATS New York I went out on a limb and bought 4 pairs of Miss Adoro lashes thinking that they were cheap, and maybe they'd come in handy every once and a while. They mostly just sat in my drawer looking unloved, until the other day when I decided it was time to bust them out and give them a try.


The 747 style is shorter and the edges and longer in the middle and gives a natural doll-ish look to the lashes. These were actually just a hair (lol) too long for my eyes, so I snipped off the two shortest lash clusters at each end. The longest lash in the center of the strip wound up being only slightly longer than my natural lashes. This style in particular is great if you're looking for a natural voluminous look without adding the extra length and drama.
The best part is that the band is invisible. Obviously applying a black liner helps but even if I hadn't it would have been hard to point these out. That said, the invisible band makes applying these a much more delicate process. I was not gentle enough with the first strip I removed from the package and as a result some of the lashes shifted on the band and clumped together a bit. It wasn't difficult to shift them back but the spacing wasn't quite the same after.


My only other complaint is that they weighed the lashes down quite a lot and it was nearly impossible to retain a whole lot of curl. It's not a huge deal for me because I prefer the look of the volume more than the look of curled lashes but if your eyes are small this could make them look even smaller.

 

In the whole look I was wearing:
Face
Garnier BB Cream in Light/Medium
MAC MSFN Light Plus
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20
Eyes
Maybelline Color Tattoo 24Hr Cream Shadow in Too Cool
L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush
Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in #77(Black)
Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black
Cheeks
Benefit Hula Bronzer
NARS Orgasm Blush
Lips
Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

Have you guys ventured into false lashes for daytime yet? What did you think?
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.