Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

ELF Matte Lip Color

I picked up a couple of the ELF Matte Lip Color pencil...things this past weekend while spending an obscene amount of money on drugstore makeup. The professionals rage retails for around 3$ each. I had heard a lot about this particular item and had considered ordering it a few times, but figured I would eventually get to a store that had them in and could get to it then. I picked up one in the color Natural which is like a cool toned, muted, light pink shade. The second was Coral a pale peachy nude shade. I was worried from swatches I'd seen that Coral would be super pale and dead looking, but with my really fair complexion it turned out the be more of a natural lip shade.


Top: Coral Bottom: Natural


Top: Coral Bottom: Natural


Top: Coral Bottom: Natural

You get a ton of product in these, 1.8 grams for 3$. I will say that they feel the most drying of any matte lipstick I've ever used. It also seems to feel really heavy on the lips, almost like a really thick lipgloss, but without the shine. I do prefer a matte lip most days and have used lots of formulations in the past, I've never used any that were this uncomfortable to wear. I do think the dry formula is one of the reasons these are such a long wearing product, even with a bit of lip balm (which was necessary for these to be tolerable) they lasted 4+ hours on my lips.

 Even though these are only 3$ I would say shell out 2$ more and go for the NYX Matte Lipsticks instead. They have a more extensive color range and are MUCH more comfortable on the lips. These do wear well but between the dryness and the uncomfortable weight on the lips I don't think they're worth it. There are other more comfortable matte options on the market if you're willing to shell out just a couple of bucks more.

Have you tried the ELF Matte Lip Color? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.