Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Straight Hair Experiment...

I've had impossibly curly hair like, forever, so when I was around 13 and stick straight became all the rage well...tragic was the word for it. Over time, however, I learned to love and celebrate my spirals, wearing them daily with pride. Every now and again though, I get that itch to bust out my flat iron and spend a few hours doing my hair...



Now I must say this was not my best job, which leads me to my next topic, the tool of choice.

size comparisson

NuMe Petite

This is the NuMe Petite Iron in Baby Blue. (not really baby blue at all but I'm not splitting hairs. LOL) I bought this with a 100$ giftcard I received from MyGlam Bag. (Which, for the record, I am no longer subscribed to.) The total came to around 37$, which is pretty affordable for a decent tool. This however, is not an especially outstanding tool. 
I'm not very skilled with hair tools, but I spent quite a long time on this job and found that my results didn't turn out 100% straight nor did they last very long. The iron doesn't seem to get very hot, it doesn't heat up very quickly, and it is quite tiny. My fine hair pulls through fine but if your hair is on the thicker side look for a model with much wider plates.
For me It works as I can count on one hand the number of times a year I straighten my hair. On the other hand if you are genuinely looking for a tool that will work for you on a daily basis look elsewhere.

xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.