Pages

Monday, March 05, 2012

Foudation Musings of a Non-Foundation Girl

I have never really found a base product that I have ever liked. I always feel like you can see the product on the skin and that applying foundation in the morning simply takes too long. That said I have found myself revisiting foundation products a lot in the past few weeks. I got a Beauty Blender sponge in a recent Birchbox and decided that I wanted to try it. I reached for my old Make Up Forever HD foundation ran the Beauty Blender under the tap and went to town. When I was done I was pretty pleased that my skin looked even and didn't look caked in cosmetic. 
That said, it took FOREVER...(which in reality is only like 5 minutes). It's just not something I can see myself taking the time to do on a daily basis. Special occasions, sure, at 5 am, not a freakin' chance. 

In that very same Birchbox was a baby sample of this puppy

Photo Allure.com
I love this stuff. It is a bit shimmery, but glowy shimmery not glittery.  It subtly evens out your skintone and creates a really lovely awake and toned appearance on the face. I also almost have enough Birchbox points to get it for cheap. It retails from Jouer for $38.

This discovery also had me thinking about another Make Up Forever product that I had wanted quite badly last summer but never got.

 
Photo Sephora.com
Since Make Up Forever is supposed to be a IMATS I think I might go ahead and pick this up. It sounds like my dream foundation product. Light weight, sheer coverage, natural looking once applied. Another bonus is 50ml for $38 versus HD which is 30ml for $40. Who doesn't love a little value in life.
If any of you have thoughts on either of these products, good or bad, please let me know. Who knows one (or both) could make a real appearance here pretty soon.

xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.