Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Shopping My Stash #2

One of the best benefits of purging a collection is suddenly finding things that you once used all the time or were really excited about when you bought but somehow made their way to the back of a drawer instead of onto your face.

It's inevitable when you have an unnecessarily large amount of the same thing that shades and formulas get neglected. As part of my ongoing mission to use more of my stuff and part with things that don't make the cut I've pulled a selection of things to start playing with. 


The star of the show is the Marc Jacobs Style Eye-con No.7 Palette in #204 The Starlet. The texture of Marc Jacobs shadows are phenomenal and the shades in the palette are definitely in my wheelhouse so it absolutely boggles my mind that I haven't reached for it. I think paired with the right matte shades this could be something great for everyday. 

Also for the eyes is an old stand by in Maybelline's Color Tattoo in the shade Gold Shimmer. This was a Fall '13 Limited Edition release that I was using almost daily for a while. The color is almost identical to Urban Decay's Smog which would have to be my most favored shade of all time and as such I think this will be an easy one to reintegrate.

Two lip products and both are very similar. This has already become a much easier task since shrinking my lip collection by half. The Revlon Matte Balm Stains and the Milani Color Statement formulas are both standouts from the drugstore and the shades Sultry and Shameless as well as Uptown Mauve a Best red (respectively) are all worth a look. 

For the face I have a baby sample of the Benefit Watts Up Highlighter. It's beautiful and gives a soft beige glow to the face. This is nearly gone but because of it's size it gets wrapped up in drawers and forgotten about. Not anymore. I am going to finish this sucker if it kills me. 

Last up we got cheeks. This is a two fold category the Tarte mini is from the Holiday '12 set and is called Stellar. This is a color that became a go to for me when I first got it and I have used so much of it that I'm now on a mission to finish it. It goes with every look and wears all day, On the other hand the Ambient Lighting Powder Blush in Luminous Flush. I longer for this for months and I finally caved and now I never use it. What?! It's gorgeous and wears decently (nothing like the Tarte but I digress.) throughout a workday. This needs better rotation.

So that is me holding myself accountable for my hoarder tendancies and trying to put my beautiful things to good use. 

If I were a normal girl I would have only makeup I actually used. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.