Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Cream Contour

2014 was the year I really started experimenting with contouring my face. I learned pretty quickly that cream products were my friend in this arena. 

While any contour can get out of hand without careful application I think cream products just blend out better and give you a little more freedom to fix your mistakes.

Since my go-to cream contour is no longer available in the states (why Illamasqua?! Why?!) and because I wanted free shipping on my last SpaceNK order I picked up the Kevin Aucoin Candleight and Sculpting Creamy Glow Duo. I have one of the Creamy Glow blush shades (Tansoleil?) and it is a fantastic cream formula but, does it measure up to Illamasqua's Cream Pigment in Hollow?


Yes and no.

The products are very different and I think there is room for both in your collection if you are keen on contouring and want some versatile options. 

I like to apply this in the hollows of my cheeks with my index finger and blend with a dense medium/small sized synthetic brush. It's blendable, semi sheer and sets to an almost waxy finish that doesn't migrate on the skin but maintains a skin-like look. 

This is warmer, darker, and less opaque on the skin than it's predecessor and I think all of those things combine to make a truly believable contoured effect on the face. Especially if you are keen on a natural finish to your foundation or no foundation at all this product allows the texture of whatever is underneath it really read through. I think this is the thing that separates it from any other contour product I've tried. 

The transparency allows it to look like a believeable shadow on the skin.

It's beautiful and exactly what Kevin Aucoin does best.

If you have been on the fence about contouring as a step my advice would be to start with a cream product and light hand!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.