Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

The Beauty Purge 2015|#2 Thoughts on Blush Palettes


With the holidays and all of the holiday gift sets behind us and my recent collection purge on my mind I was thinking a little bit about some of the the most popular offerings from brands at the holidays and how/when I use them throughout the year.

The first thing I thought of were the constantly reappearing blush palettes, initially brought out by NARS, I believe, in 2012 and then again every year since. Not to be outdone Tarte followed suit with collections of their much loved Amazonian Clay formula.

After three holiday seasons and two different palettes added to my collection how do I feel about this as a part of my collection and would I buy another one?


As of right now, no.

There are a few reasons for this and most of them have to do with me and not the product. Both of these blush formulas and the shades contained in these two palettes are stellar but...

I have SO MUCH BLUSH.

Really just so very much and because I am often only reaching for one shade at a time (as opposed to an eyeshadow palette where you will likely be using more then one.) I never seem to think to grab a palette and pick a shade. My tendency is to grab a single compact, swipe and go.

If you, however, do not have many blushes to choose from and are looking for ways to test out other colors you could do worse than this.
Don't get me wrong, this is something I intend to work on. I already have the palettes and I want to use them.

Secondly, I don't travel.
At least not right now and while I do go on the occasional weekend away multiple options seems unnecessary for 48 hours on my parent's couch.

I'm really happy to hold on to these and to work them into my routine a little bit more but I think as far as me and my collection goes having more loose items makes more sense right now. 

I do really hope that the day comes where I get to travel so much that one of these comes along for the ride and is used so much it breaks. 

I'm really hoping that the purge and re-oganizing all of the makeup I reach for daily that I'll be able to use some of my more neglected items.  Once everything is set up in a way I'm happy with I'll be giving you a tour of my vanity setup (stay tuned!) but, in the mean time any organization tips are most welcome!

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.