Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Mid-Week Pamper

 There are a million different people out there talking about how they love a good Sunday pamper session. 
Who doesn't?
A whole evening spent relaxing before the work week starts and treating your skin to some TLC is always great but, every once and a while I like to throw in a slightly modified mid week pick me up.
If it has been an especially difficult week a couple of masks and a little facial massage can go a long way to get you over the hump.


The inspiration for this little to do came about after last weekend when I picked up the Sephora Pearl Eye Mask at the "Checkout Line of Doom" at Sephora Flatiron. 

They do a whole range of these that coordinate with their full face sheet masks which I have also tried. Personally I didn't find the full face version to be that exciting or effective.
Now these are not that different and what makes the eye masks effective isn't that you use them it's how. 
Pop these suckers in the fridge for a day or so before hand and the'll be ice cold and refreshing and perfect for a mid week perk up....especially in August.

I don't even think it matters what variety you try but if you are looking for a cheap and cheerful treat from Sephora you'd be hard pressed to do better than one of these.

Before I popped on my little eye friends I went in with my Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask which is a hyper gentle smoothing and tightening gel mask. I have this as a sample size that I got in a kit last year and it's lovely. It's incredibly softening and smoothing but unlike other exfoliating options its so easy on the skin. 
I massage this into my face in sections until my whole face is covered and then I leave it for around 20 minutes.

After that is rinsed off I went in and applied the eye masks. You need to remove the plastic backing first and then just adhere them to the under eye area. 
Leave these refrigerated until you're ready to whip them on for optimal cooling.
Around the eye mask, on the rest of my face, I applied the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Detox Mask.

This is yet another gel formula that promises the elusive "detox" that is an ever present term in our beauty routine these days.
This is really just a maintenance mask. I have this as a sample too and I can't see myself going for the full size when I finish this but it is a nice one to have around to use from time to time. It's lightly hydrating and comforting on the skin. It did take down some of my redness and reduce some of the inflammation around my active spots and it was the perfect compliment to the eye mask for the rest of my face.

All in all this whole song and dance took a little over an hour and made drifting off to sleep last Wednesday night extra easy. 

So grab yourself a little drink, whack on a mask or two and sit back and enjoy a little mid-week "me time".

I know I will be.


3 comments:

  1. Love this! I will be popping one of my masks in the refrigerator..now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Mindy this time of year it is 100% necessary. So refreshing.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.