Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

No Such Thing as Signature

I don't like to plunk for new fragrances too too often, I find that it's one of the few beauty arenas (along with mascara and face powder) that I ever really finish in a timely way. 

As I've gotten a little older my tastes seemed to have changed pretty drastically. 

My desire for variety has not.

The new baby is Bella Freud's Ginsberg is God.


I first saw this on Into the Gloss months back and when Lilypebbles mentioned it again in her June favorites I put it on my list to investigate while I was on vacation. 

On first sniff the only way I can describe this is sweet cedar wood. There is a decidedly masculine feeling about this smell that is just capped off by a hint of sweetness. After a few minutes the cedar gives way to something green and spicy, the black pepper in the notes I imagine. After that it dries down to a lovely and earthy sweet musk smell that wears very close to the skin... and I do mean very close to the skin.


It's a scent that at first could seem really strong and overpowering but the wear is very discreet and lasting. 


It's not a cheap scent but it's unique and I was pleased to have picked it up. If you find you are the type who likes a more unisex scent than I highly recommend Ginsberg is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.