Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

I Have the Same Glasses as Everyone Else...Kind Of

 A brief hiatus from vacation recap due to some technical difficulties. 

I am a sucker for a good knock off.
Specifically sunglasses. 
First of all I am terrible when it comes to keeping my sunnies in one piece. In pieces at the bottom of my bag left behind in cabs or in bars I just can't justify spending more than a few bucks on sunglasses.
It only gets tricky when brands put out boss styles like the new Dior Reflected .
Carelessness aside $435 is just not realistic for me... even if I could swing it some day I don't know that I would.
eBay here I come.



It took a couple of weeks to pop up but about two weeks ago I finally struck 10$ gold here. They are pretty dead on even if they are a little big. 
They have been plastered to my face ever since they arrived last week but despite my love for them there is one unfortunate drawback.
At some point today they got dripped on from the air conditioned heavens and whatever that glorious mystery NYC sky liquid was seems to have removed the mirrored finish in perfect little drip drop circles. I guess that's what 10$ from China gets you. 
All savings have a trade off and while I'm bummed the mirrored finish is a little tarnished I'll definitely ride out the rest of the summer in these babies. 
There will be a new knock off next summer anyway right?

Bonus puppy points.
Innit the bow tie cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.