Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Dingle Co. Kerry Ireland #zitosonparade

Holy view Batman!

Today marks the chance for me to share easily one of if not my favorite location from the entirety of the epic Irish tour.
I actually find myself at a bit of a loss for words with this one. 
The town of Dingle is set into a gently rising hill along the coast of Dingle Bay and is speckled with a rainbow colored array of buildings that house a selection of shops and pubs that far exceed the tourist spots along the main drag.
There are some great places to stop in before touring the peninsula to get a bite, some snacks for the road or some memorabilia on your way.

Some personal favorites include the Dingle Record Shop run by the incomparable Mazz O'Flaherty where I bought two albums that miraculously made it home in one piece. She even kissed them goodbye. If you're in town I highly recommend a stop. She's a hoot.
The Little Cheese Shop was another stellar selection of both local and imported cheeses along with fresh bread, jams and crackers to build a cheese board of your dreams. Stop in and get yourself a picnic.
Finally a solid shop for Irish souvenir goods that aren't green, wool or, whiskey. Kathleen McAuliffe has a great selection of themed jewelry items, really nice locally made clothes and Orla Kiely bits. 

Dingle Town also serves as the entrance to Slea Head Drive which is a 30 mile drive around the Dingle Peninsula featuring some of the most astounding views of the Irish coastline.
But really... look.
Moo.
Hi Dom.
Sibling things.
Babbling brooks.
This pony has the best view literally 100% of the time.

No really. This is the pony's view.
The requisite Western Ireland Fuchsia.
Goat.
That's obvious but for some reason the animals here all seemed so blissful. I wanted to cuddle the damn goat.
The country looks like it's been punched out of the ocean.


Sun dappled seascapes.
A magestic high tide along a none existent beach.
No really this was the beach. That's it. It's the western most point in the country and it is goddamned beautiful. I could have stayed forever.
Take me back. 

Like right meow.

Next week...Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.