Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Galway, Ireland #zitosonparade


Stop one on the Zito's on Parade grand tour was actually Galway Ireland. It was by far my favorite city in Ireland. Sure there were coastal views to take your breath away but if you asked me where I would want to live on the Emerald Isle my answer would be Galway all the way. 

Situated on Galway Bay this little coastal city has a lovely small town (well small town America) vibe and some of the friendliest people we met on the whole trip.


Now because this was stop number one on the trip we were absolutely racked with jet lag in Galway, We wandered around in a haze for the first few hours saw the bay and scoped out places for dinner. 

This was the first place my mom saw all of the greenery growing out of the walls and she was just astounded by it. These are those little Iris things again. By far my favorite. 


 One of my favorites spots on our brief stay was the Galway Canal (which has apparently inspired many poems)

The path follows the canal into the city and is lined with cute restaurants and tons of apartment complexes facing out over the view. 

 Painted on what is labeled "Irish Water Safety" (a small orange plastic buoy) was this little dude. I thought he was rather dapper in a very punk rock kind of way. 

Like any secluded path in a city the canal is littered with bits of graffiti; in case you forgot for a second that this was an urban location. 

 Finally we stayed at the Victoria hotel which is conveniently located to downtown and a basic simple 3 star hotel. The bathrooms (while all different from room to room) were nicely up to date and after being awake for 26 hours I had a pretty great shower before bed. 

Also not to be missed is a restaurant called the Quay Street Kitchen. Located on the aptly named Quay Street the menu was large and catered to a lot of dietary concerns and everything was mouthwateringly good. A perfect meal for the first night of our trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.