Pages

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Just a Dusting

 The one thing I seem to be able to successfully keep in my collection one at a time is face powder. I'm not sure if it's because it's less fun to buy than other base or color products or if it's because I go through it faster than any other product in my collection.

It's the one thing I always manage to show the most loyalty to as well. I find myself finding a formula I love, going back to it two or three times and then move on to something new. 

There were quite a few new to me formulas on my international "to buy" list so for the first time in months I have more than one compact to work my way through.


The three formulas have proven to be very different which is a bonus. 

My favorite is the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder in shade 52 Vanille. It is incredibly finely milled and has the most coverage of the three powders I picked up. It's not full coverage but it provides just a little extra to make the skin look more even. It looks like a more expensive product on the skin and I find even in the crazy hot NYC Summer weather it keeps my foundation (or lack thereof) from getting greasy or shiny for about 5 hours. This will easily be the one I repurchase. It's great on the go too because the compact in unbelievably slim. 

The next one is the Catrice All Matte Shine Control Powder in the Shade 25 Sand Beige. Now the color here doesn't seem to make much of a difference for me. As long as you are withing a few skin shades of whatever color you pick I don't think you'll notice much, if any discrepancy. I used this while we were on vacation and while I like the Bourjois better this was a really nice budget powder. I do not think this formula is available at Ulta but there are some nice product options if you're looking to try out the product stateside. 

The last powder I chose was the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder. This is 100% translucent on the skin. If you are exceptionally dark of complexion you may want to skip this but otherwise I think it is the perfect powder to tool around with in your bag. It mattifies without going cakey and leaves no discernible trace on the skin. This along with the Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki have taken up residence in my bag for the Summer and so far I can't think of a makeup bag staple I've loved this much in a long time.  Hopefully since the body range is re-emerging in the states we'll see some of the color products follow!

Overall I think I did uninentionally well at choosing a variety of things to try that were all pretty different. I think I will be repurchasing the Bourjois for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.