Pages

Monday, August 03, 2015

Every Friday all Summer Long


We intterupt your regularly scheduled vaation blabber in favor of a flavor a little closer to home. 


As a New Yorker Summer feels like a constant balancing act between too many things to do and too hot to do anything. Sometimes the best thing to do is drag yourself away from Manhattan (an impossibility for some people believe me.) and get yourself out by the water for some much needed breeze. 

So last Friday after work my roommate and I headed out to Coney Island for their weekly fireworks with the aid of a very thoughtful friend with a car (Thanks Carrie!)


Every Friday night the Coney Island Alliance puts on a really lovely fireworks show that makes for a great way to cap off a long week, especially if you are on a budget.  Bring some friends, some wine (Shhh I won't tell), some snacks and relax.


 If you're feeling really froggy you can hop into Luna Park for the classic Wonder Wheel or the landmark Cyclone wooden roller coaster. 

That is if you can get past sinister and smiling Tillie the clown. What a creep.




 All in all Coney Island isn't my favorite beach to go swimming in but for a nice Summer night out in the sea air it's worth the trek out to Brooklyn. If you do drive do yourself a favor and pay to park at the Aquarium.

...and if cheese fries happen well, It's our little secret.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.