Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Makeup's Real Magic



On my recent Sephora jaunt this weekend I popped a lippy in my bag that was small town famous for me a few years back. When I was working in retail about 5 years ago almost every girl I worked with had a tube of the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 03 Strawberry Kissed.

All these years later and I finally have a tube to call my own.



It's a really nice formula. Not the best matte liquid lipstick I've ever tried but, this one isn't about the formula, it's about the color. It's light feeling, lasts almost all day on the lips and, no matter who you are this color just makes every complexion come alive. I mean you could have nothing else on your face and you would look well rested and model-like in the face.

It is a beautiful blue based, slightly lightened pink red color. I think this could easily take the place of a fair few of my "OMGIt's8amandIneedtoleaveforworkrighteffingnow" lipsticks.
(Yes it's a thing. If you're not doing it you're missing out)

  I headed out to Sephora without a stitch of makeup on my face to get color matched for the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder and left the store with nothing but this on my face. I swear to God the best thing about a lipstick is when it makes you start strutting up the street (in my case 3rd Ave) like you own the place. It is the best feeling ever.
Pre new job first day jitters be gone and in their place lies a smart confident New York lady sipping on an iced coffee and leisurely strolling uptown on a magnificent Sunday. And THIS ladies and gentlemen is the reason so many of us ladies love makeup. (Yes sometimes a little too much). There are so few things that can create that sense of confidence and comfort when you are least expecting it.

That is why, despite a smidge of dryness, I will own this color for as long as they make it. It is magic in a tube.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Molly- I went to Sephora this morning and purchased this in 01 Always Red. The color you purchased was a little to pinky red for me. But hey, you never know, I may purchase it at a later date. Thanks! Your cousin, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it!! Don't be afraid of the pinky reds! They can be more flattering than you think!

      Delete

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.