Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Sun Protection For Your Nails?


I came across this Formula X Neon Top Coat in Sephora last Thursday and was immediately drawn into the notion of a Top Coat that made your nail color stay truer longer was a neat idea.

If you have used Seche Vite or any other top coat product that claims to be quick drying then you'll know that as the polish wears on, it very often discolors and becomes somewhat dull after the topcoat dries.

But does a topcoat with added UV protection actually do the trick?





Holy shit yes...


You could see the difference almost immediately upon application. The slight blue cast in the polish actually does make the color look truer and brighter right off the bat. Once you get your nails in the sunlight though, there is absolutely NO contest. It's like you're wearing two completely different shades.

For reference the shade above is Essie's long discontinued Pink Parka but YouTuber Michelle1218 has a whole video featuring her favorite alternatives.

To boot this isn't a bad topcoat. You can see I have trouble keeping my middle fingers from chipping but beyond that it has been four days and I have minimal chipping on my left hand (with the Formula X topcoat) and I have had no shrinkage.

I do, however, really miss the thick gel-like look that Seche Vite provides but, for bright colors like this I think I can live with it.

Such a cool idea, even cooler that the idea actually works.

Would you shell out for a separate topcoat for your neons?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.