Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mascara Cubed

I love it when drugstores run crazy 40% off sales. I always end up caving and treating myself to all kinds of things I don't need. My favorite thing to road test during a good sale is ALWAYS new mascara. Always.

Over the last month I've gotten a couple new formulas to try along with one new to me formula.

The results? Click through to find out.





Lets go from best to worst.

L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition in Black. I'm pretty sure this formula does not come in the ever present "carbon black" shade but, I'm also pretty sure that it makes no difference to how amazing this is. It gives you exactly what every mascara claims to with little to no effort. I get full, thick, long lashes every time with little or no clumping.  Like all other L'Oreal forumlas on me though it doesn't hold a curl very well and after a month or so it starts to flake a little. Well worth it for the achieved effect though.

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga in Blackest Black. This took some getting used to for me. The brush is great and the formula is also really beautiful thick and build-able (if a little dry). The wand has this 360 degree rotation feature that is supposed to make the application easier but, the first time I tried this I had a really hard time getting it to grip at the base of my lashes. Since then I've gotten accustomed to it and have adapted my application I've found I can get really lovely soft-looking doll like lashes from this mascara. Not sure it's a formula I'd go back to over and over again but it's definitely worth trying.

Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Pumped Up in Glam Black (Who knew there were so many ways to describe black.) This was kind of a nightmare. I find Maybelline mascaras to be a little hit and miss for me to begin with but the brush here is laughably large and the formula is so so wet and thin i find it doesn't do much of anything for me but make my lashes dark. This could hold some promise as the formula dries us but I won't be giving it a second chance.

What new mascaras have you tried. I always love testing new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.