Pages

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Perfect Coral Pair | Budget Buys



An old and a new formula from Revlon in equally obsess-able spring coral shades. 




The Photoready Cream Blush is a few years old now and, the first time around I picked up the shade Flushed which is an in your face hot, medium pink color. While it looks amazing in the deep summer with a killer tan, it is not the most versatile shade to wear. Enter: Pinched. Same soft, velvety cream formula in a much softer sating finish apricot shade.

Not only amazing a luminous on it's own, but a perfect layering blush for underneath your favorite coral, bronze, and terra cotta shades. Next time you see a sale, pick this sucker up.

The new Revlon Color Stay Moisture Stain is the inevitable Revlon follow up to the Maybelline Color Elixirs and the L'Oreal Gloss Extraordinaire. A gloss, balm, opaque color hybrid that promises it all but, until now, seldom delivered. 

I. Love. This.

The packaging is high end-esque perfection and the formula is better. It reminds me of the YSL Glossy Stain feel on the lips only with even color coverage and no staining. (Yes the term Moisture "Stain" is a bit of an over statement.) It is a thick gel textured gloss that makes lips appear fuller and more even textured. One coat provides a stained glass like effect on the lips while two will get you a perfectly opaque and shiny pout.

The best part? Not a feather or bleed in sight.

I have the shade Cannes Crush, a stunning springtime warm pink, but you can bet I will be going back for more of these as I spot good sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.