Pages

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

The Repurchases #1


A series?!
What?!
I can't say how regular I'll feature this type of post, but anytime I buy something again, or joyfully finish something quickly, you can be sure you'll hear about it.
After about 10 years of wearing fragrances I think I have finally stumbled across two that I simply cannot imagine being without anymore.

Not What it Sounds Like : Fresh's Cannabis Santal, cheeky name aside, is a stunningly simple and classic unisex smell that I think delivers an earthy patchouli scent without evoking memories of that one kid's college dorm room. Not that I think there is anything especially wrong with that fragrant of a space, I just don't have any desire to smell like cheap incense. Laced with hints of bittersweet chocolate the patchouli in Fresh's offering ends up being grounded in a sweetness that prevents it from being too overpowering or, for lack of a better description, too dirty of a scent.
Urban Sunblock: The TokyoMilk Dark fragrance range was one that I gravitated towards instantly. The simple rectangular bottle, the matte black finish, and the embossed white illustrations to accompany every scent. I was sold at first sight. In fact, my love of the branding made me determined to find a scent for me. Bulletproof is like an urban beachy smell. Mixing smokey vanilla with classic coconut, and a peppery hint of clove makes this the ultimate grown up creamy coconut scent. This fragrance wears so well all day but I loved it so much I finished the whole thing inside of six months.
That ladies and gentlemen is a record.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.