Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

A Nude Alternative

When I was a kid I was all about the colorful makeup. Teal, purple, green you name it, it was part for my routine. These days, not so much. 

That isn't to say I'm not adventurous in my own ways but, it is certainly not the same thing. These days though I have been playing around with a new way to make my eyes look big, bright, and awake. (I'm nothing if not consistent) 

 

Normally I reach for a nude eyeliner to place in my waterline on no or, low makeup mornings. Now that spring has finally sprung and all the pastels are everywhere again I have been reaching for bright, light colors for my waterline. Both colors pictured, NARS Barrow Street and Rimmel in Light Blue,create a brightening effect on the eyes that instantly mimics a nude or a white liner on the waterline. (Marilyn was famous for wearing light blue to make the whites of her eyes appear whiter!)

Both formulas are insanely creamy and wear like champs on the one part of the eye that is notorious for breaking down products in record time. In addition both colors look adorable on the upper lash line paired with a black tightline and lots-o-lashes for a 60's mod look.  

Next on the list-a good creamy lavender pencil. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.