Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Kill It With Fire

On this very gray day, this very sunny photo is looking oh so nice! I am currently stay-cationing (sort of) and visiting my parents while their house is being painted, and it is so gloomy out today. So gloomy. I don't mind the gloom, or the rain but it is SO COLD again. I can't handle it.

Anyway, the last time I was home I made a pilgrimage to Ulta and picked up a few things for myself, which you can see here, and one of the things that made it's way into my bag was the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner. After months of looking for an exfoliating toner I could afford to plump for how well does it work?



Well. Really, really well. I am pleased and excited by this product's success. I, for some reason, was not anticipating dramatic results with this. I have, however, found my skin to be refined, cleared, and more even as a result of including a nightly acidic toner. 

I will say that this product does sting. It is only mildly uncomfortable and for a very short amount of time but you most certainly can feel it on the skin. I have also notticed a slight dryness accumulating around my nose since introducing this product.

Now the dryness is not an ideal scenario, and to combat it I have only been running the toner over those areas once or twice a week, which has led to significant improvement. As a result though I will likely be looking to try a slightly more gentle version of an exfoliating toner once this is gone.

That said, the ingredients are lovely, simple and effective:
Deionized Water (Aqua), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice) Gel, Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis Fruit) Extract, Glycolic Acid.

If you have been dying over Caroline's exfoliating toner recommendations for ages give this one a try. It's easily accesible, affordable ($18), effective, and simple. Seriously. Try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.