Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Primed for Conversion


I generally subscribe to the theory that when it comes to makeup, less really is more most times. Now that's not to say there aren't days where I pile the shit on like it's my last day on earth but, generally speaking, I like to err on the side of less.
 
For this reason I tend to avoid primers. On top of never really encountering any that did anything of note, I felt like it was just one extra step, and one extra thing for a brand to sell.
 
Ladies and Gentlemen: Meet the exception.

 
The Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. I got this as a Sephora point perk when doing a bit of VIB hauling a little over a week ago and let me tell you this shit is NO JOKE. I have on several occasions heard Tati over at GlamLifeGuru sing this product's praises but, as I was never really yearning for a primer, all her wonderful advice went un-heeded.
 
This stuff feels sticky, almost like a glue, when you begin to spread it over your face but please do not be deterred! It does then dry down to a matte smooth finish and does not leave behind any make-shift velvety, slippery feeling surface on the skin. (I suspect this is because the smoothing ingredient is a silicate and not a silicone, as per the norm, and I believe they interact differently with the skin's surface.) It is smooth, matte, and ready for foundation without making your skin feel like it's suffocating in product.
 
I generally focus this just on my t-zone, specifically my nose and chin, where I get the most oil breakthrough and I've been able to get through several 8+ hour work days without powdering...not even once. Now when summer hits at full blast, that will likely not last, but I'm certain as the weather improves I'll be putting this puppy through it's paces and eventually need to invest in the full size.
 
Consider me sold Becca. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.