Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Spectrum: Coral


I have been inadvertently, although maybe subconsciously, reaching for ALL of the shades of coral my collection has to offer lately. Now given the weather's turn for the much, MUCH, better over the last few days this is neither surprising, nor groundbreaking.
 
I thought it would be helpful, however, to do a little rundown of the standout products that have made their way into my week (and my bag!).
 

Tips: Man Essie certainly has the market cornered when it comes to a classic coral nail. The options are basically limitless but, the two long standing favorites in my collection remain Haute as Hello (Top Left) and A Crewed Interest (Bottom Center). Essentially they are different shades of the same hue, and very work-appropriate, versatile shades to have in your arsenal. It's worth noting that the latter shade makes your hands look inexplicably summer bronzed, even in the early stages of spring.
 
Lips: One very budget friendly option, and one standout splurge worth shelling out for. (IMHO) Revlon's Super Lustrous Shine Lipstick in Lover's Coral, (Top Center) which made it's debut (and it's way into my Muji drawers) around this time last year is a very warm, sheer, muted coral shade made for a low maintenance makeup day. It adds just enough color and just enough shine but, be warned, frequent reapplication is required. Now for a heartier wearing, but equally as user friendly shade we have Urban Decay's Streak. A sheerer offering from the brand's semi recent lippie launch but, a milky mid to light toned, bright coral with some grip to it. (And one of my personal office favorites!)
 
Cheeks: Tis the season for cream blush! Not generally my go to, but I have been a fan of layering these two shades underneath some of my powder products to keep them on my skin all day long. First: the Kevin Aucoin The Creamy Glow in the shade Tansoliel. EVERYONE was talking about this last summer, and after ordering it from Hautelook and letting it linger forever I'm finally ready to sing the praises of this muted, universally flattering, cream coral shade. Not quite a cream to powder finish makes it perfect for those of you not looking to add more cake to the face. Next up: A drugstore alternative to the Kevin Acuoin in the form of Drew Barrymore's Flower Cosmetics Win Some, Rouge Some Cream Blush in the shade Peach Blossom. Just a smidge lighter and a more matte dry down makes this a better choice if you're a bit fairer, or a bit greasier in the warmer months. A great cream formula that clocks in at just under $10. All of the yesses!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.