Pages

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Scent Satisfaction


Do you ever encounter one of those products that you love the first time you see it, but then you don't buy it right away? You're never really sure why you didn't buy it in the first place, but you go back to the nice guy at Sephora over and over again for samples until you finally cave and buy the baby version.

That's what happened with me and the new Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Fragrance.


I saw Jess over at Jemorjerrica on YouTube mention buying the Nirvana White fragrance and when she described the Black version I knew I had to smell it. It is a rich, sweet, sandalwood and violet-vanilla scent that is very woodsy and syrupy smelling on my skin.

Now if you are into fragrance, and like trying new things there is one very expensive, very popular, very designer fragrance I believe this is designed to mirror. It is inexplicably similar to Tom Ford's Black Orchid. While the list of notes involved does seem to differ slightly, the scent experience does not. .

The added benefit of trying the Elizabeth and James over the Tom Ford is. obviously, the price. For 72$ you can get 1oz of the Tom Ford, and the Elizabeth and James version will run you $55 for the same amount. In addition, if you're like me and prefer a rollerball size, you can find that for 22$ from Elizabeth and James whereas the Tom Ford do not really offer the travel friendly option.


I do think you get a little bit of added wear time out of the Tom Ford but not enough the justify the sizeable price gap

I think my winner is clear, but smell for yourself and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.