Pages

Thursday, April 03, 2014

Smells of Great Men


Ever since my collegiate epiphany that a good candle makes a cheap apartment 1000x better I have been on the hunt for amazing, sophisticated smelling candles that don't make me feel like I'm just setting my wallet on fire once every two months.

After much consideration I landed on Etsy. Through quite a bit of trial and error I came across Henceforth.  Not only do they have a tremendous sense of humor, but they offer up a nice selection of candle scents for those of you who don't love the vanilla-bakery-icing-cinnamon-vanilla again-butter-nutmeg-more vanilla combos that are hogging home scent aisle shelves everywhere.



Specifically you want to look into their "Man Candles" that have the oh-so-artsy amber glass jars and a beautifully printed brown paper label in addition to scents inspired by historical figures (see above), cities, stereotypes and events. I love the mix of scent, humor, and history. I got exactly what I was looking for with this purchase and would whole heartedly recommend them.

I will say, the scents were strong but best suited to smaller spaces like bedrooms or bathrooms. I really enjoyed the cozy lighting and sweet smokey aromas these brought, specifically the Hitchcock candle which was 100% the smell I wanted it to be and is as described a happy marriage of sweet cigar tobacco and a rich spicy vanilla.

The Hemingway did have a decidedly beachier vibe than I was anticipating but was lovely none the less. If you like a good salt air, seaside scent this one is for you. I especially liked having this scent in my bathroom.

I think next on the fancy handmade candle train will be one of these babies from Anomie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.