Pages

Friday, April 04, 2014

Notes On A Classic


The ultimate drugstore classic. Something about the Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder reminds me of Cinderella's evil step sisters furiously powdering their faces before the Prince arrives with his glass slipper in tow.

 
After finding this on sale for a whopping $1.72 at CVS a few months back I snapped it up figuring I could give it a try. Apart from the very "classic" floral scent this stuff is kind of amazing. It is essentially like putting baby powder on your face as it is mainly made of talc, but it is one of the most finely milled, budget friendly powder I have ever tried.
 
It seamlessly smooths over the face and delicately sets whatever cream products are sitting underneath it. The loose powder does effect the practicality of this for me, but, the effect is pretty stellar for the price. It doesn't have the best longevity in the world, but I find starting out with this and using a slightly fuller coverage powder as the day goes on keeps my makeup in place without creating tremendous product buildup.
 
At the full price of $9.99, give this baby a pass, but if you have a good coupon or can find a good sale I think this is one thing that deserves to be called a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.