Pages

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

The Every-look Blush

I may have accidentally bought myself a Chanel blush this holiday season. I say accidentally because it wasn't initially for me.
I knew I wanted a Chanel blush for my mom's stocking and really wanted to give her the cream blush formula but, when I went to Bloomingdales to find it for her they were out of the color I really wanted for her. A little disappointed and thinking I wouldn't have anymore time before the Christmas to shop I picked up the next best thing:the powder blush in the shade #68 Rose Ecrin.

Ultimately I did find the cream color I wanted for her and since my receipt for this was already gone I found myself with an new very expensive blush.

One of their bestselling shades according to the very aggressive pre-Christmas sales associate but true or not it is a welcome addition to my cheek round up.


 A soft satin-finish dusty neutral pink shade this is a no-brainer kind of color. It goes with every look you can imagine and will look good on a great many skin tones. It seems to be one of those blushes that creates the illusion of warmth, contour and color all in one compact.

While I don't think I would have bought this color if I'd had myself in mind when shopping I think when it comes to shelling out a pretty penny on a luxury beauty item it always pays to get something you can use often. 

Since it came home with me I haven't used much of anything else. It looks especially great with my early morning red lip, mascara and, concealer. 

The only caveat is that this doesn't wear well on naked skin. It needs either foundation or freshly applied moisturizer to cling to the skin for more than a couple of hours. Even then it seems to fade after 4 and a half hours or so.

As nice as the color is, I think that it can be found for much less than the 45$ this will run you and, in a better formula. 

There is no argument that a little splurge feels good now and again, especially during the dregs of Holiday shopping and while I will continue to use this the next time I shell out on a luxe item I'll look into it a little more carefully first.

P.S. Mom was thrilled with the cream blush formula from Chanel. Christmas win.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is a serious beaut! I do wish the formula were better but I am still totally besotted with fluffing a little Chanel on my cheeks first thing in the morning. :)

      Delete

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.