Pages

Monday, January 05, 2015

Keeping Warm in Style

 I am a bath girl from way back. Not on the regular or to get clean particularly but, when it comes to taking time out to turn off having a bath is top of my list.

As an avid Lush fan and one time employee I have run the bathbombbubblemelt trend into the ground so; as I get more mature maybe bath-time should too?

I have been after some grown up bath-time luxury in the form of the Aromatherapy Associates Bath and Shower oils since they took over every YouTube holiday gift guide video three years ago. They promise insanely concentrated scent, deep hydration and, obviously, aroma therapeutic properties at a premium pricetag.

When I was poking around the Space NK post-holiday sale I found their Bath Jewels gift set for half price and immediately placed them in my cart.


 Now these are in fact lovely concentrated bath oil formulas. I will say in the bottle the three I received (De-Stress Mind, Relax Deep and, Revive Morning) don't seem to smell radically different from one another. All of them are herb-heavy spa like smells that will clear sinuses and boost circulation. 
However once diluted in a hot bath the scents blossom and and you can really pick out the more individual components. True to everyone's word you don't need much of these to have an impact on on your bath. 
Aromatherapy Associates claims these sample bottles are good for three baths each but, depending on the size of your tub I think you could eek out a few more baths without interrupting the effect you get from these.  
They really do take a regular bath to the next level. 
I would advise, at the price of these, to avoid using them in the shower if you want the best value out of them. I think you do lose a lot of the heavenly scent by applying them pre-shower and rinsing them off. Save them for when you have time to sit down and really enjoy them.

As an added bonus I do like to toss in a generous handful of Epsom salts as an inexpensive boost to soothe any soreness or stiffness.

Especially this time of year I think adding a nice little treat to bath-time can help with any post holiday blues and warm up whats left of the winter. If you can find them at a nice price you could do WAY worse than one of Aromatherapy Associates Bath & Shower Oil offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.