Pages

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Ed Note: MAC Ruby Woo

Do you know how hard it is to get your hands on the world's most recommended red lip the week after the biggest red lip holiday of the year?

Damn near impossible.

After two MAC stores and two more counters it took one very friendly blue contact wearing, black lip sporting  MUA a trip up two floors at Macy's to find me, what felt like, the last Ruby Woo in New York City.
That was one purchase that went from New Years Eve impulse to New Years Eve mission very quickly.

There isn't much to say about this shade that hasn't already been said.
It is a beautiful classic matte red color that looks good on everyone I've ever seen wear it. No matter how dark or light your skin, no matter your undertone the Pin Up effect of this shade seems to be universal.

Not only is it a beautiful and flattering shade of red, this matte formula, specifically this shade, seems to put some of the best long wearing lip formulas to shame. It wears well on me through a whole work day unless I eat something with a substantial oil content (salad dressing for example) then it needs to be reapplied.  It's one of those formulas that doesn't reapply well over itself though, and needs to be removed completely before reapplication.

If you layer this too much it seems to ball up and collect in places on the lips making the application look heavy and uneven.

I will say while this does feel dry on the lips I didn't notice it actively drying out my lips. As soon as I remove this my mouth feels more or less normal. I can see if you wore this day in and day out the dryness becoming a problem but even then I think a solid overnight lip balm would fix things right up. 

This is a classic for a reason and if you were in any way on the fence about adding this shade to your line up I would encourage you to give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.