Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Treasures Untold

I love me a good bargain. Especially a good makeup bargain. Lately I've been trolling the fields of eBay for some bargain beauty finds and I've actually managed to turn up a pretty good deal. I had had my eye on a Z Palette for quite a while but was somewhat put off by the $20 pricetag. It seemed steep for what was a essentially a large magnet, some cardboard and plastic. 
I had seen them on display at IMATS and almost bought one there but when I saw they only had it left in solid colors I decided to pass. While I hadn't caved on the price yet I did really have my heart set on the leopard print one. That got me to thinking, what about eBay? Sure enough there was a seller that had what are essentially "blems"
or palettes that had been somehow slightly blemished or damaged during production. The damages were so minimal though I decided it was a worth a shot. The palettes were going for I believe $13 and only a $4 shipping charge so including shipping the total for the large Z Palette rounded out to a mere $17.

Unfortunately it looks like the listing for the large palette is gone now but there is a nice deal on the small palette from the same seller here.
I am also happy to report that there is nearly no discernible damage to the palette itself. There is a minor S-shaped scratch on the magnet part inside the palette but that's it. This was a well done eBay find I'd say.  Naturally having a brand new empty palette I needed something to fill it with. 

I popped by Cosmetics Market in New York the other day to peruse their ever present supply of Stila shadows. I always go there and find colors that I like but often pass on them because I have nowhere to put them, but no longer.

Top-Bottom: Cha Cha: Nanda Devi: Pigalle

Cha Cha is a lovely shimmering mint green that I think will look lovely all on its own with some brown liner and very thick eyelashes. Nanda Devi is a simple neutral matte brown which will make a great liner or definer for the eye. Pigalle is an unbelievably soft and satiny plum berry color that I love to wear in the cooler months and flatters my eye color quite a bit. The texture and quality of these is wonderful and at a mere $5 a pop its is so worth going to have a look if you live in New York or if you're passing through. The stock is always changing and you might be surprised at the bargains you find. 

What have your favorite finds been lately?
xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.