Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Limited Edition 8$ Worth Spending


There was a time when my beauty obsession was so intense that if something had a "Limited Edition" label you could guarantee I would spend my money on it. Especially if it happened to be at the drugstore. 
The thought process was something like "Well if I hate it, it's only 8$ and if I don't get it now I'll surely regret it." (Don't call me Shirley.)
The problem with that line of thinking is that you inevitably wind up with a lot of product you don't really love and a collection so out of control you don't know where to reach when doing your makeup. 

So since learning my limited edition lesson I've become much more decisive about which items I'll shell out for and which ones get to stay on the shelf for other hungry collectors.
This weekend when I spotted the new Maybelline Spring Rebel Bloom Limited Edition Color Tattoo in the shade Black Orchid I knew it was coming home with me. 




It is a beautiful purple/grey taupe shade that plays well with all kinds of shades. It's one of those rare cool toned colors that sings on my warm toned skin and makes the greens and golds in my mostly brown eyes pop right away. 

Additionally the sometimes opacity unreliable Color Tattoo really shines here. The formula was opaque in a single swipe and layered up well without going patchy or bald in spots. This shade works especially well with rose toned shades; the Naked 3 and this were practically born to be worn together.

If you are on the fence about picking this up I would say this is a color you will get a good deal of use out of. The other two shades on this LE display (There are 5 new shades in total 3 in a mascara display and 2 on a lipstick and nail polish display. All different.) Rose Riot and Hydrangea Hype are a frosty pale pink and a frosty pale blue respectively. Rose Riot is a slightly lighter version of Inked in Pink and Hydrangea Hype is a hard color to pull off and something I don't think very many people would reach for often. 

So how do you guys fare with Limited Edition products? Do you give in to the hype or are you realistic about what will work for you and what won't?
Did you pick anything up from the new Spring collections at the drugstore yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.