Pages

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Morning Skin Perfected




 My skin has been a bit of a roller coaster lately. It's been dry and cranky, it's broken out and I can't quite seem to keep my makeup in place much past lunchtime. It gets to this state around this time every year. I think it gets sick of the cold and the indoor heating and it just kind of gives up. 

Despite all this, the one thing that seems to have made things ever so slightly better is the presence of a well rounded morning routine. It has never been something I've quite gotten right and for the first time I feel like I have a lineup of products that are giving me exactly what I need.


I think the best part about this routine is that it's fast. 
It's not 100% complete and it could use something like a serum or treatment but for right now I'm getting what I need from just a moisturizer.

...but I'm getting ahead of myself. 

What I normally do it get out of bed, hobble to the bathroom and turn on the light. 

The first thing I reach for is my cleanser, in this case the REN Clear Calm Clarifying Clay Cleanser. This is my second bottle and I do really like it for morning cleansing. It makes me feel clean and bright without the tight dry feelings of other cleansers. Now that this one has pumped it's last pump I will be picking up a new one.
 Lately I've also been subbing in this sample of the Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil Gel. I got this in my last Sephora order and while I like subbing it in I don't think I will be purchasing the fill size. It rinses cleanly but has a strange texture and sinks into the skin if you don't move quickly enough to rinse it. 

As far as hydration goes Origins really has my number. 

Back in August I got a Sephora 500 point perk with some amazing sizes of classic Origin's products and to my surprise fell head over heels in love with the GinZing Energy-boosting Moisturizer. It is light but packs and punch and sinks into my skin quickly enough for someone who doesn't leave enough time to get anything done in the morning. (ie: Me.) I finished up the generous perk size and immediately bought the full size. The best part is that this goes for under 30$. Sold. 

As a bonus the matching GinZing eye cream has been a welcome addition. It lays well under my concealers and adds just an extra hint of brightness and hydration that lends itself to a very "awake"look. 

All in all I would say the AM skin is definitely still a work in progress but right now it's really making a positive impact on my complexion and on my makeup application. 

Have you had a hard time getting products to work for you in the morning or am I in this position because I like to sleep until the last possible second?

*As an aside I do know that I am still missing a sunscreen and that that isn't good. I promise am I working on it but everything I've tried so far my skin has HATED so it's been something of a challenge. I am trying to find something. Recommendations are welcome!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.