Pages

Monday, March 09, 2015

The Repurchase| Bobbi Brown Corrector

It has been a hot second since I've shared something I've repurchased. I don't repeat buy all that often, largely because I don't finish things all too often but also because I tend to be a bit slutty with my makeup.
I'm all about trying on different products "for size".
This purchase was also largely un-premeditaed. I like to plan out what I'm picking up, financially speaking, and one night when roaming Sephora I spotted this in the Bobbi Brown display, picked it up and made a beeline for the register without hesitation or second thoughts.
I had suffered through enough dark circles for one winter and it was time to sort them out.


I love the Bobbi Brown Correctors. Packaged identically to her Creamy Concealer but oh so much better in my humble opinion. 

I have the shade Light to Medium Bisque and I've honestly never encountered a product that conceals my hereditary under eye circles better than this. The only thing I've even heard is remotely as effective is the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector, which is on my list but I have yet to put to the test. 

The salmon-y shade perfectly conceals any lingering purple or blueness without being so orange by comparison to my natural skin tone that I can't wear it by itself. Now that is unusual. Most times if you are going to bring a corrector into your routine you are going to want to layer it under an additional concealer to ensure your under eye doesn't look orange as opposed to purple. I am fortunate that this shade more or less allows me to wear the concealer alone in a pinch but for full disclosure's sake, most days I do layer additional concealer over the top. 

There are no shortage of products like this out and about for you to try but as someone who has made it her purpose to test drive under eye correctors this is the best I have tried to date and barring some substantial upset this is what I will continue to use until they no longer make it. 

If you do suffer from dark circles, especially hereditary, daily little suckers than you should definitely seek this out as a solution. You won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.