Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The "Ready for Spring" Wishlist

The change of season means it is definitely wish list time!
Gotta love a wish list. 
On top of that the last two days have been sunny and 40 degrees here in NYC. You would think we'd all lost our minds. All of a sudden everyone is like WooHoo 40 degrees, it's summer! Let's wear shorts!
No joke. 
While I'm not quite there yet the few extra hours of sunshine certainly wants to make me add some springtime sass to my beauty wardrobe. 
These are the things on the list.


First! The Make Up Forever Face and Body Liquid Makeup. This was on my last wish list and I didn't pick it up but, the closer I get to my Vitalumiere Aqua kicking the bucket the more compelled I am to buy this. The description sounds like my ideal face base finish and the color lineup has enough yellow based shades for me to find one that really works. This will be my summer foundation come hell or high water. 

Next is the newest oh so dewey and lovely release from Becca. The Shimmering Skin Perfector "Poured" is the cream equivalent to their much celebrated liquid and powder versions. The conversation I had with myself when I saw this went something like "Molly you do NOT need another highlighter...don't do it!" and then something like "...but it's soooooo pretttyyyy!!!!" I'm not sure about this yet. I really want it but if I'm lucky my self control will win out. 

Now the one battle my self control will most definitely lose is the battle of the newly reformulated Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme in the shade Jolly Molly. I repeat Jolly Molly. Despite my recent diatribe about how I rarely wear pink I am almost definitely buying this. 

A recent trip to Ulta actually has me really curious about some of the new brow offerings from NYX. Now I'm not about the whole brow pomade thing. That is way more effort than I am ever willing to put into my brows, whether I have the spare time or not.  The new Micro Brow on the other hand looks suspiciously similar to the Anastasia Brow Wiz, comes in a fab selection of colors and is half the price. I will be picking one up real soon.

Finally the only new Real Techniques brush to catch my eye is the Bold Metals 301 Flat Contour Brush. I love the look of it, the brush is beautifully styled and of all the new releases from the brand this is the only one I currently have a place for in my brush lineup. I have been especially into cream contouring and both the synthetic nature and density this brush has I think would work really well for that. 

So that is the most current wishlist. As with all of them I may or may not buy all or any of it but this is the stuff currently on my radar. 

What is on your warm weather wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.