Pages

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Feeling Naughty?

A couple of weeks ago I took advantage of HauteLook's sale on  theBalm cosmetics. In fact, I joined HauteLook specifically for this sale. There was a really fantastic selection of products and initially my cart was very full. I wound up whittling my selection down to the one thing I was most curious to try.



The Nude'tude palette was sort of  theBalm's answer to the growing trend of large nudity themed eyeshadow palettes. I have to say I think this is a nice contender in the world of neutral eyeshadows,with a creative color selection and an equal distribution of warm and cool tones.





The colors are richly pigmented with the exception of Stand-offish which is a little bit sheer. There is a terrific gradation from highlight shades to liner shades. I also love the inclusion of a pale yellow gold color, Snobby, which I think is such a versatile shade for many different skintones. I also really enjoy the color Sexy which is a warm eggplant color which is a great shade for adding definition and is almost universally flattering for eye colors across the board.

While I do think this is a versatile high quality palette of neutral colors I will say that I find the shadows themselves to be less unique than some other similarly themed palettes. For most people who are not collectors (...addicts...) this isn't really a big deal it is a functional, high quality, user-friendly selection of eyeshadows. There is however one thing I really didn't like about the palette.


The brush is horrendous. You can see in the photo above that the fluffy end is so poorly cut there are all kinds of bristles sticking out. Honestly, leave the brush out. I have very little use for it and will likely just throw it away.

All in all I would call it a great purchase and well worth investigating HauteLook for. I got this palette for $18 before shipping but would gladly have shelled out the full $36. The gimmick with the naked ladies is pretty cute too but they do offer a "nice" version for those of you who aren't moved by the pinup angle.

Have you guys tried theBalm before? What did you think? How about HauteLook? Have you found any good deals there?


xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.