Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Come Out Come Out Wherever You Are...

I have been on a huge drugstore wild goose chase. I got wind of the US release (finally) of the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks at Target from Nouveau Cheap (link!) about three weeks ago and nearly immediately made a trip to my local Target (or both of them) on the hunt for a couple shades. Now when I first took a look at the display there were only about 5 shades and I thought they had simply sold out of the more appealing shades. Then, when I went to a different location I saw that they had the same 5 shades in stock and no others. After a recent visit back to that same second Target they are now offering rain checks on the shades that haven't been stocked yet, which leads me to believe there was a distribution error to begin with and not all of the shades were available when they were scheduled to launch. (Rain checks, in case you're not sure, is when the store notifies you when they have the stock available.)

The two colors I did purchase from the ones that were available were Sheer Linen, as soft nude, and Cardinal Plume, a blue based red color.






The packaging on these is different from the packaging that was released in Europe back at the begining of the year. The "original" has a silver tube that looks a lot like the L'Oreal Inffailible Le Rouge lipsticks where as this tube is more like an updated version of the Color Riche lipstick packaging.


I really love the look of this product. The stip of color at the base of the tube is a really good indication of the color you get in the product anf I think this is a really expensive looking product from the drugstore. It reminds me a lot of the Estee Lauder lipstick tube. The shiny gold tube however is sort of a bitch to photograph.

These have a very interesting texture. These are almost like a solid gloss. I don't neccesarily think they feel or act like a balm, I don't really find them to be moisturizing. That said, they're not drying by any means and they leave behind a nice shiny colorful layer on the lips. They last like a gloss but have a more even natural looking texture on the lips. The product stays shiny on the lips for about an hour (give or take) and needs reapplication after about three hours.

L: Cardinal Plume R: Sheer Linen



Ultimately I really like this. It is a great east summer prduct and if you're in the market for a nice summer lip color I reccomend you pop to Target and see what shades they have in stock.

Just a quick comparison before I go. As far as these and the Revlon Lip Butters are concerned I would say that they're not as similar as I was expecting but not worlds apart either.(does that make sense?) If you are not insane and only buy makeup when you need it I would say choose which you purchase based on the color that suits you best (I think L'oreal offers a more sophisticated color selection while the revlon color choices are a little more fun.) If, however, you are a collector I think they are different enough to get a shade or two from each range. Ultimately I think the Revlon is a more traditional lipstick product while the L'Oreal is more of a pigmented gloss product.

Have you tried any of the new L'Oreal Caresse? Do you have any thoughts on the formula?

xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.