Pages

Monday, June 04, 2012

NOTD: Tone on Tone

I went a  little Essie crazy this week. One of the salon supply stores near where I live was having an essie sale and I basically got a bunch of polishes for less than three dollars a bottle. I wound up buying six. Whoops. So to give some of my new colors a walk through I decided to attempt a tone on tone funky french manicure.


Base: Essie To Buy or not to Buy Tip: Essie Splash of Grenadine

I really love the way this turned out but the combination is funny. I'm not sure if it's because the colors were worn together or if To Buy or Not to Buy does this on it's own but in some lights the base looks really blue based and then in some lights it appears to be a lighter shade of the tip color.

I think next I'm going to try some of my new colors as a leopard print manicure.
Have you guys tried anything new lately? What type of colors or combos have you been trying?

xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.