Pages

Friday, June 01, 2012

Thats Why They Call Me Frenchie...

Lately it seems fancy French skincare has taken over beauty press. I remember when I first heard about Caudelie years ago on some Style Network show and thinking it was so luxurious looking. That is the nice thing about skincare and beauty products in general; they are a small easy way of injecting some luxury in your day to day life. The two products I hunted down were the Caudelie Beauty Elixr and the Bioderma Crealine Micellar Solution.


First up is the Beauty Elixr


I love this product. LOVE. IT. It is a toner made up of several essential oils suspended in water. The most notable of these is pepperment oil. The product smells very strongly of this and I believe its the ingredient that makes the spray so refreshing. Not only does it feel lovely but pepperment also encourages blood circulation which is amazing for the skin. It also features rosemary which is naturally antiseptic amd toning so if you suffer from breakouts or skin congestion this is a really lovely product to add into your routine.

Next up is the Bioderma


My feelings for this product are less concrete. It is a very gentle and very effective makeup remover that is incredibly hard to get a hold of in the United States. I found this bottle on eBay for around 25$ with shipping which was the most cost effective price listed. I use it by soaking two cotton rounds with product and placing it over my eyes for 30-90 seconds (depending on how heavy my makeup is). When I wipe it away almost all of my makeup is gone. I will state that I don't use anything waterproof but it had no problem with the Stila glitter liquid liner which is a nightmare to remove. I also really like having it around in the morning as a light cleanse before makeup because it gently removes any dirt and oil residue from sleeping.

I will say that I like the concept of this product but I think when this runs out I'll look into the same type of solution from a more accesible brand. The Caudelie is something I plan on repurchasing immeditely.

Have you guys branched out into any new skincare recently? Were you dissapointed by anything or did you find something new to fall in love with?

Let me know!
xoxoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.