Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Summer Skin Savers

This Summer my skin has been in full on rebellion mode. No matter what I do I can't seem to get it under control.

Between the horrendous NYC air, makeup, the heat and a busier social life now that the Polar Vortex is a distant memory there has been a lot more skin TLC to go around.

I seem to have cobbled together a few items from my stash that have really cleared things up.



Up to bat first: The Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner. This is a particularly strong exfoliating toner. It leaves a nice smooth finish behind and is the kind of product I miss when it's not around. This time of year I can handle this nightly but in the cooler months It works better every other day. This just leaves less shit behind to clog up the works.

Next: The Origins Super Spot Remover is basically the only name in the spot treatment game anymore these days. It's easy to see why. Super concentrated formula, pin point accuracy and, the most effective version of this kind of product I've ever used. It won't make the little bugger disappear overnight but give this 48 hours to work it's magic and your spotty friend will be a thing of the past.

The treat: When I feel like no cleanser or toner will go the trick I reach for the heavy artillery. The Borghese Fango Active Mud Mask has hit a bit of cult status all it's own recently. It tingles but doesn't burn and it dislodges any pesky impurity lingering beneath the surface of your skin. Used a couple times a week and this will clear up anything lingering or anything just making it's way out.
*Bonus* If you're on a budget and don't mind a hint of mint the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask makes a pretty stellar alternative.

While no skincare routine, no matter how good or how diligent, can keep you zit free always it is nice to have a few items on hand for when things get spotty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.