Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Summer Lip : New From Rimmel


Rimmel Moisture Renew has had a bit of a makeover! The formula and the packaging have been given a lovely update in time to freshen up the Summer selection at the drugstore.

In addition to a new formula and new packaging, the color lineup has been updated and vastly improved if you ask me.

I picked up two colors and they are the only things I've worn so far this week.



Despite the overall incandescent appearance of these photos the colors shown here are very accurate.

The first one I settled on without any hesitation was 099 In Love With Ginger. A wildly popular blog and YouTube selection from the line is a seasonally perfect red-orange shade. Not the most forgiving on the teeth but amazing for the complexion. I wore this yesterday with nothing but concealer and mascara, much like this shade, and loved every second of it.

...and because you can never have just one I also grabbed number 630 Coral Britannia. This shade reminds me a lot of MAC's Shy Girl but with all the peachy brightness of Ever Hip. Summer heat or dead of winter I dare say this could be one of my new favorite nudes.

The texture does deviate from my typical matte lip selection but, so far I am digging the switch. It's worth noting that these come sold alongside a clear lip liner pencil. I did consider getting it to try but I ended up deciding I was better off sticking with the Milani one that I know and love.

I don't know if I'll be looking into more of these any time soon but the new color selection is, I believe, a vast improvement and 100% worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.