Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hostile Takeover


I have never had a brand weasel it's way into my collection the way Hourglass has. Considering the financial impact of that I feel like that really says something about the quality of the product. Not only have I amassed a  lot from the brand but they are products that I reach for every day without fail. 

The one thing I think I will buy time and time again is the Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. There is a chance that over the winter I might try it's little yellow brother Diffused Light but for now I am loving the warm, soft focus and, well set effect this gives my makeup. As you can see this shade was the first to bite the dust in the limited edition (well not so much anymore) Ambient Lighting Powder Palette. Also seeing a hefty dent in said palette is the exclusive shade Incandescent Light. It's very reminiscent of MAC's Lightscapade except more finely milled and less yellow. On days where you need a quick hit of understated color on the cheeks or my personal favorite way to use this, the eyes, you can't go wrong with this shade. The final and equally versatile shade in the palette is Radiant Light. This is a very subtle, light, satin finish bronzing (well on my skin anyway) product that adds just the right hit of warmth to the cheeks but is sheer enough to make going overboard pretty difficult. (Not impossible though, trust me)

The really stellar item here is, as many people have already said, is the Arch Sculpting Eyebrow Pen. The reason this is amazing is because I am brow lazy. (Not that it looks that way on camera.) Anything that requires more than a few precious seconds first thing in the morning is officially too much for me. The larger shape and powdery wax formula of this also works with my inherently full-ish brows. The only areas I go at with this are the very front of my brows where things are a bit sparse, the arch for definition, and my newly formed bald patch. -_-

I got a little overzealous whilst waxing. Whoops.

There are definitely some other bits from the brand on my radar and hopefully they'll be coming home with me soon.

Well done Hourglass, you've sucessfully taken root in my life, unlike my mint plant which is withering away. #plantmomproblems

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.