Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Not Quite Naked

Despite Summertime's standing order for all things bright and neon I have found myself reaching for nudes over and over again these last few weeks.

Maybe it's my not so secret longing for it to already be fall ( please?!) or maybe my collection, despite my attempts to streamline, is just so large that making a decision is just impossible.

Either way I have really been enjoying the simplicity of a neutral not-quite mannequin hands manicure these last few weeks.

From left to right.




A nude nails classic in Essie's Topless and Barefoot. This is the lightest of the lineup and, the only one that edges into no nails territory. It is just lighter than my skin and this time of year makes any kind of lingering tan look that much more pronounced.

Gone but not forgotten is the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Terracotta. I believe a discontinued shade but the line still offers something quite similar.This is like a warm reddened nude, as the name would imply, and I love how warm and chic this looks. It's a little bit like that vintage carnation pink that grandma wears but a little younger and more fresh.

For something a little different I like Illamasqua's Bacterium. A pale taupe nude with a blue opalescent flash. It almost makes your nails look a little bit sick. That doesn't sound nice but it is in fact. Very grey tones but still very neutral it lends a really lovely clean summer look.

For some sparkle I have been opting for Zoya's Jules. A nude with a very fine pale gold micro glitter. It looks like sand on your nails. What could be more summer centric than that? It still rides a nice subtle wave despite the sparkle factor.

Do you have a favorite nude that I haven't mentioned. It seems like this phase might be here to stay for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.