Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Ed Note: 3 Fall Picks From the Drugstore

It was a good weekend for me at the drugstore. I had very few Fall things on my to buy list and as of now I have no plans to add anymore...besides nearly all of MACxRHPS when it makes it's debut. (Any second now!!)
Normally I go ape shit for all things Autumn and apart from a latte or two I have exercised pretty stellar restraint this year. First of all I picked up one more, and probably the only other Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick from the permanent display that finally landed at Rite Aid this week.  Divine Wine is a deep, blue toned, rasin red shade that gives a very "Snow White" effect on my seriously un-tanned skin. 

I still love the formula on these and the shade selection is great for a new launch. If you haven't tried these yet I highly recommend. 

Next up I went for two fall nail shades that I have been lusting after for weeks.




On my right is the standout from OPI's Nordic Collection for Fall'14, a beautiful muted royal blue/purple shade called "Do You Have This Color in Stockholm".

I swear most times I do it for the names.  This I thought was a fun new take on the still ultra trendy royal blue manicure but with a slight twist. Albeit not a total makeover but it is another beautiful color choice to recreate the eye catching effect.

Next up is Sally Hansen's Clay from her new Fall '14 display. This one really came home with me because it happened to be 40% off this week and I couldn't resist.

It is an ohsofallappropriate terracotta meets milk chocolate shade. I think this skirts the line between a vampy shade and a neutral shade really perfectly and all of the brown shades are very in and very easy to come by this season. I am so excited to give this one a test drive first as I have always had amazing experiences with the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Formula. 

Have you guys spotted anything new at the drugstore that needed to be test driven for the fall?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Molly- I saw the OPI nail polish at the nail salon this weekend and it is a beautiful color. I think I will be getting this on my nails at my next appt. Love you blogs.-Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! It's a beautiful color!

      Delete

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.