Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Finally Something Great That Isn't Limited Edition


Nothing is more magical than when a brand releases a product that is really quality and surprising and that is available to purchase for more than a nanosecond. 
*cough* MAC *cough*
I find that of all of the brands at the drugstore Maybelline is the most notorious for releasing limited edition versions of cult products in the shades that most everyone want all the time.

This time though, they have brought out a line of Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks in a nearly perfect spectrum of crowd pleasing shades in a stellar matte formula.

Matte lipsticks are the best.



I ended up with two shades with two more still on my list. On the left Siren in Scarlet which is a lovely classic red shade. It's slightly more warm toned red but a true pin up princess red shade. On the right Mesmerizing Magenta is very similar to the Color Sensational Vivid shade Hot Plum only in a matte shade. 

The formula on these is on point.

The two shades I have here are full of pigmentation and despite the matte finish remain moveable and comfortable on the lips four hours into wear and don't begin to feel dry until hour five or so. They are almost identical in texture to the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms and have an even better price point. 

These are not currently available to purchase online but as soon as they are I will pop up a link on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.