Pages

Saturday, September 06, 2014

|Weekend Bonus| About Face: Autumn High Contrast


Exciting news boys and girls! The blog was featured in print on Friday in the September 2014 issue of BORO Magazine! My lovely friend Liz photographed and interviewed me for the piece and I am really proud of how it turned out!
 In said interview I mentioned one of my favorite fall looks and I wanted to recreate it for you on the blog today!
There have been many incarnations of this look for me. Each done with a variety of similar but different shades on the eyes but, the very first version of it happened with Urban Decay's Naked Original Palette and the shade Smog.



Look at me giving all that face!

This is a look that I rely on a lot when the weather gets cooler. It makes me feel all warm and vampy and it is SO easy to do. 

I've been using the face base routine that I mentioned last week with an added hit of contour from the forever lovely Illamasqua Hollow Cream Pigment.

Follow that up with my usual Hourglass and Essence brow routine and then it's on to the colorful stuff.

On they eyes I start with a plain eyeshadow base. The Lorac Behind the Scenes has been top dog in this respect lately. 

I take Smog and apply it all over the moving part of the lid, quickly blend Buck into my crease and then a bit of Half Baked in the inner corner. Then I take Creep on a small thin liner brush and smudge it into my lashline to make them look nice and full. Clean up with a nice full mascara and some brown liner along the lower lashline and the look is complete.

Easy peasy.

  
To finish the look off I take a swipe of my favorite deep brick red matte lip. Originally and still very often now I reach for MAC's Red Pepper matte lipstick but as that is a discontinued Pro color I opted for NYX's Matte liptick in Alabama. (Roll Tide!)

I do think this could be a bit much for some people but I think when the fall comes around it is just the right amount of drama even for the daytime.

So... is it October yet?!
My air conditioner keeps telling me no.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.