Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

In Transition

 If there is one thing that I know about makeup it's that the products that make the biggest difference in your routine are the ones that look the least impressive in their packaging. Bronzer, eyebrows, and concealer I'm looking at you kids. 

Add to that list a nice transition shade and you have a collection of beautiful ugly products that I would be hard pressed to do without. 

Transition colors are generally light to mid-toned brown and beige shades that help to bleed color from your eyelid up into your crease. There are a few shades and tricks you can use to add this step into your routine. 



There are so many shades on the market to add into your collection to fill this role.

Some of my favorites are actually from MAC. Kid is a stellar neutral camel brown shade that adds just the right amount of warmth and definition into the crease. This color is something I reach for often as it goes perfectly with my preferred bronze and copper shades.  For something a little cooler, a litter more taupe based I like to reach for Quarry. It has a slightly mauve or purple base to the color, it creates a more cool toned definition and pairs well with more blue based neutral shades. I like this especially well with MAC Satin Taupe and L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Liquid Diamond.

Recently I've found a really nice budget addition to the lineup in Milani's Bella Eyes eyeshadow in the shade Bella Cappuccino. It is slightly darker and more of a putty shade than the MAC options. For a 4$ drugstore shade the texture really rivals that of many more expensive shades I've come across.  It's also really nice to see a line of budget shades doing matte finishes really well. 

I think matte or at least as satin matte is really necessary to create a natural shadow which is my personal preference in a transition shade. 

There is one more thing you can do if you need another option. 


Now there is one other thing you can reach for if you don't feel the need to branch out in the eyeshadow department. Simply reach for your bronzer. My preferred shade is the Borjouis Delice De Poudre aka the Chocolate Bronzer. It is an exceptionally warm bronze shade that sits really well on my warm toned skin but if you like something a little cooler Benefit's Hoola would make an excellent choice.

So if you feel a little like your day to day eyeshadow is missing a little something try adding a transition shade to your routine and see what kind of difference it makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.