Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Capsule Wardrobe: Single Eyeshadows

Eyeshadow palettes are great. They are amazing value for money (well...most of the time) and they give you and endless variety of choices.
 Who doesn't love that?!

Well sometimes on Tuesday at 7:45am the last thing I'm reaching for is a palette with a variety of choices. Now 7:30 is a different story...then bring on the options but 15 minutes can make or break the morning routine.

And what about you ladies who only need a choice or two?
Ain't nothing wrong with being a swipe and go girl. On that note I'm going to go over 3 shades to consider when you're looking for a one and done single shadow. 



A classic champagne shimmer. My pick at the moment is Milani's Bella Eyes eyeshadow in Bella Champagne. Now this one has been getting a lot of play from me lately as it has just enough pink in it to make a noticeable brightening impact on the eyes. It is a simple, high shine, quasi skin tone shade that is affordable, effective and, the ultimate in eyeshadow basics. If you get no other shade for daily use, get this.

A warm/neutral taupe. There are a whole host of taupes out on the market these days. It is a ubiquitous shade when it comes to beauty. Unlike some more popular shades (Satin Taupe I'm looking at you.) something like Urban Decay's YDK is a more user friendly shade because it has a lot less grey in it. It still gives you a cool neutral wash of color but it doesn't instantly go smokey. This formula as well as being flattering, is buttery and smooth with a high shine finish.

A warm brown/bronze. This is maybe more of a night out option depending on your relationship with eye makeup. I personally like a daytime smokey eye but I recognize that it is not for everyone. L'Oreal's Infallible Eyeshadow in Bottomless Java is the perfect wallet friendly candidate to fill the slot. It is a warm orange toned brown with a satin finish. This also blends out nicely and, softly creates a beautiful warm halo on the eyes as the color softens.  The less sheen present here also means this could be a more appealing option for someone who has textured eyelids. 

This is the capsule wardrobe of my eyeshadow selection and the shades that I reach for when I have not time. 

Throw a couple of these in your morning beauty arsenal and don't be surprised to see them making regular appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.