Pages

Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Give Good Face

Sometimes the tools make all the difference. 
I think that is especially true when you talk about base products. 
While I think finger application is often a more everyday woman reality sometimes when you get your hands on the right brush you can save time and look great. 

It's especially nice when you can make this happen for around $9.


Real Techniques have been around for a few years now and they have only become more prolific since their launch. I realized last week that my entire base application involves only brushes from this budget friendly brand. 

The Buffing Brush (far right) is by far the star of the show. Despite the line actually containing a brush called The Multitask Brush, I find this to be my jack of all trades. On a daily basis I use this for foundation and concealer. It has just the perfect fluff to density and it smooths product over the skin quickly and evenly. This is the brush that comes with me when I travel and has in a pinch served for powder and blush. It is only currently sold in the Core Collection but for $17.99 it's worth it for this brush alone. (The contour brush is also a nice bonus!!)

Centered is my newest addition, the Powder Brush. This one is sold individually and runs around $9.99 depending on where you pick this up. (In addition to Ulta, they are now at Rite Aid and Walmart.) This is nice a large and loose powder brush that feels absolutely divine on the skin. It covers a lot of surface area but because it's not too dense it applies a nice light dusting of product and easily avoids over-powdered territory. 

On the far left is the Expert Face Brush which retails for about $8.99. This is my backup foundation brush for when my Buffing Brush is too dirty to put on my face. (I hate brush laundry...I'm sorry but it sucks.) It is also excellent for thicker base products. If my concealer, contour or, foundation are giving me blending issues this is the brush I reach for to smooth things over.  It's like the magic eraser of my beauty tool stash. The density also makes cleaning up fall out with this brush a total breeze. 

All of these brushes are made of synthetic fibers (aka kind to the fur babies!) and wash up like a dream. If you are looking to either expand on or build a set of beauty tools this is an excellent line to look to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.