Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

No Drama Here

 I am a fortunate creature in that I have a nice full brow. I can easily get away with very little work on a day to day basis and my caterpillars still look shapely and full. 
That said, most days, I still like to run something simple through them to make sure they stay in place and to beef them up a smidge. 
For the last few months I've been using the MAC Brow Set in Beguile** and have really quite enjoyed it but...when the Maybelline Brow Drama in Deep Brown landed at Target a few weeks back I was looking for this to be a nice budget alternative.
Well it's not quite a replacement but it is a nice addition to the budget brow options on the market. 
Let me explain.


There are a few things that prevent this from being a one and done product for me. 

First of all that brush. That brush is awful. A big bobbly ball ended brush? On a mascara sure but on a brow product it really limits the amount of precision you get. It's unwieldy and quite frankly a little messy. This could be a bigger problem but as the formula is on the sheer-er side it's manageable.
L: MAC Brow Set R:      Maybelline Brow Drama
You can see above that the Maybeliine doesn't quite have the opacity of MAC's offering. It does however, have a much more flattering shade for my hair color. Now like I said it's not a bad product it just doesn't work for what I need. It dries down to a nice non shiny, flake free hold and does add a hint of color to polish the look. Paired with my trusty Hourglass Arch Sculping Brow Pencil in Soft Brunette this is a lovely alternative to a clear brow gel but not particularly effective on it's own. 

Now if you have real bushy babes on your face this could easily be all you need but I am looking for something a little bit more out my brow gel.

I have my eye firmly planted on the Pro Longwear Brow Set with my next MAC order so look for that review in the next week or two.

**Fun fact. While I was shooting this in my backyard this tube went rolling off the back porch into the dirt. This puppy is getting back 2 mac'd ASAP! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.